Senior Adult Ministry
At Hunters Glen we call our ministry to senior adults “OWLS” an acronym for Older-Wiser-Loving-Seniors. Our overall goal is to involve our “OWLS” in serving the Lord in as many ways as possible. We believe that you never retire from serving God-from being a prayer warrior to teaching a class. The greatest joy comes from knowing God’s heart better and this is best done through service dedicated to honoring Him. Here’s a look at our OWLS ministry:
- Numerous Life Group classes for seniors primarily at 8:15 and 11:00. A great way to get to know people and to grow in your faith.
- OWLS luncheons take place the first Tuesday of each month (Sept. through May except for January). The luncheons begin at noon and the meal is $5. We always have excellent entertainment and a wonderful time of just being together.
- Every Monday evening join us for games, dominoes, and food with friends at 6:00 at The Hill (2121 Bay Hill Drive-four blocks north of the church).
- We take local outings about 5-6 times a year. In 2019 we went to the Dallas Arboretum, Hucks Catfish in Denison then to a movie, Homestead Heritage north of Waco, Dallas Symphony Christmas program and the Gospel Jubilee in Terrell.
- We try to take one “big trip“ each year. In October 2019 we took 50 to the Big Bend National Park and Ft Davis. We will be going in April of 2020 to the "Ark" in Kentucky.
Our senior adults sing in the adult choir, minister through a local nursing home, assist in The Hill ministries, teach children’s Sunday School classes, assist with the ESL ministry, serve in the homebound ministry, along with ministering to one another in the hospitals and assisted living homes.
For more information, contact Ron Killough, our Associate Pastor at 972-867-1610 extension 2016.
Valet Parking - For those who are handicapped and it is a struggle to have to walk any distance then valet parking is for you. This is not a ministry for those who are able bodied or for your convenience. It is to assist those who truly need this service for them to attend. It will be offered from the Custer Road entrance at 9:15 AM to 9:30 AM; 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM; and Noon to 12:20 PM
January 13th ~ Revive! A Day in Scriptures"The Beatitudes and Happiness". Warren Samuels will be leading this study. Time: 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Lunch provided. Must RSVP, sign up in your Life Group, at the Event Desk or call the church at 972-867-1610.
January 15th ~ Caregivers Support Group at 6:00 PM. Meets in the Parlor.
January 18th ~ Senior Adult Choir "The Solid Rockers". Meets every 2 weeks on Tuesday at 1:30 PM in the Choir Suite.
February 4th ~ OWLS Luncheon at noon. Entertainment: Doc Gibbs. Cost $5.00 per person. Sign up in your Life Group, at the Event Desk or call the church.
March 23rd-25th ~ Senior Adult Mission Trip. Hospitality House in Huntsville, TX. We will be completing various projects to help the Hospitality House get ready for the rest of the year in their ministry to the families of inmates. Projects range from gardening, painting, fixing meals - whatever is needed. Cost: 1 person $60.00; for a couple $90.00. Sign up in your Life Group, at the Event Desk or call the church.
April 22nd-28th ~ Spring Trip to Branson, Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Kentucky to experience the Ark and Creation museum, Memphis & Mud Island. There is room for 56. Cost $900 per person. Deposit of $50.00 is due by February 2nd. We also have a form we need you to fill out. Sign up in your Life Group, at the Event Desk or call the church.