Senior Adult Ministry
At Hunters Glen we call our ministry to senior adults “OWLS” an acronym for Older-Wiser-Loving-Seniors. Our overall goal is to involve our “OWLS” in serving the Lord in as many ways as possible. We believe that you never retire from serving God-from being a prayer warrior to teaching a class. The greatest joy comes from knowing God’s heart better and this is best done through service dedicated to honoring Him. Here’s a look at our OWLS ministry:
- Numerous Sunday school classes for seniors primarily at 8:15 and 11:00. A great way to get to know people and to grow in your faith.
- OWLS luncheons take place the first Tuesday of each month (Sept. through May except for January). The luncheons begin at noon and the meal is $5. We always have excellent entertainment and a wonderful time of just being together.
- Every Monday evening join us for games, dominoes, and food with friends at 6:00 at The Hill (2121 Bay Hill Drive-four blocks north of the church).
- We take local outings about 5-6 times a year. In 2016 we went to the Dallas arboretum twice, Broadway production of “42nd St.”, Homestead Heritage north of Waco, DBU Christmas concert, and the gospel jubilee in Terrell.
- We try to take one “big trip“ each year. In October 30, 2016 seniors went to the Four Corners region of our nation for 6 days and had a great time.
Our senior adults sing in the adult choir, minister through a local nursing home, assist in The Hill ministries, teach children’s Sunday School classes, assist with the ESL ministry, serve in the homebound ministry, along with ministering to one another in the hospitals and assisted living homes.
For more information, contact Ron Killough, our Associate Pastor at 972-867-1610 extension 2016.
Valet Parking - For those who are handicapped and it is a struggle to have to walk any distance then valet parking is for you. This is not a ministry for those who are able bodied or for your convenience. It is to assist those who truly need this service for them to attend. It will be offered from the Custer Road entrance at 9:15 AM to 9:30 AM; 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM; and Noon to 12:20 PM
April 2nd: Next OWLS Luncheon from Noon till 1:30 PM. We have two guest speakers. Police officer Chris Bianez will speak on safety tips related to property safety and identity theft. Also, Jennifer Reagan, who is a licensed Master Social Worker will share the six dimensions and how they change as we age. Cost $5.00 per person, call the church to sign up. Ron will also have some fun special activities.
May 16th: Singing Men of North Texas concert at First Baptist Garland.
August 10th - Booth Brothers in Concert at the Terrell Jubilee.
October 15th - Trip to Homestead Heritage and Magnolia Shops in Waco.
October 28th to November 1st 2019 - Trip to Big Bend area of Texas. Cost $500 per person for lodging and transportation. Meals are not included. A deposit of $25 per person due by March 1st. We will visit various sights in Big Bend and Ft. Davis including McDonald Observatory.
December - Christmas at the Meyerson.