At Hunters Glen we call our ministry to senior adults “OWLS” an acronym for Older-Wiser-Loving-Seniors. Our overall goal is to involve our “OWLS” in serving the Lord in as many ways as possible. We believe that you never retire from serving God-from being a prayer warrior to teaching a class. The greatest joy comes from knowing God’s heart better and this is best done through service dedicated to honoring Him. Here’s a look at our OWLS ministry:
- Numerous Sunday school classes for seniors primarily at 8:15 and 11:00. A great way to get to know people and to grow in your faith.
- OWLS luncheons take place the first Tuesday of each month (Sept. through May except for January). The luncheons begin at noon and the meal is $5. We always have excellent entertainment and a wonderful time of just being together.
- Every Monday evening join us for games, dominoes, and food with friends at 6:00 at The Hill (2121 Bay Hill Drive-four blocks north of the church).
- We take local outings about 5-6 times a year. In 2016 we went to the Dallas arboretum twice, Broadway production of “42nd St.”, Homestead Heritage north of Waco, DBU Christmas concert, and the gospel jubilee in Terrell.
- We try to take one “big trip“ each year. In October 30 seniors went to the Four Corners region of our nation for 6 days and had a great time.
Our senior adults sing in the adult choir, minister through a local nursing home, assist in The Hill ministries, teach children’s Sunday School classes, assist with the ESL ministry, serve in the homebound ministry, along with ministering to one another in the hospitals and assisted living homes.
For more information, contact Ron Killough, our interim Associate Pastor at 972-867-1610 extension 2010.
OWLS Luncheon - March 7th at NOON, presents Monte Slaver and his daughter Aubrey. Experience that old Nostalgic Swing from the 1930's, 1940's, 1950's and 1960's. They perform these timeless songs with their 4-piece Swing Band (Piano, Bass, Drums and Sax).
March 24th - Biblical Museum of Art/Dallas - Cost $10.00 per person.
May 22nd - Oklahoma City Museums - Cost $30.00 per person.
Sept 18th - Huck's Catfish and Excursion on Lake Texoma - Cost $20.00 per person plus your meal.
Dec. 14th - Christmas at the Meyerson - Cost around $70.00 per person, but we will not know until later in the year.
Trip to Palo Duro Canyon to see play/musical "Texas" - June 23 - 24, cost $120.00 each. Includes your ticket to the play, bar-b-queue dinner on the floor of the canyon, one-night hotel room based on a double occupancy & transportation cost. Deposit of $20.00 by May 1st or sooner.
Trip to Magnolia Country - The week of October 16th. Explore the beauty and history of the Charleston/Savannah area spending 2 nights in Charleston & 2 nights in Savannah & 5 days enjoying the uniqueness of this well preserved part of our nation. Estimated cost is $750.00. Includes airfare, ground transportation, and lodging - no meals included in this cost which is an estimation because we cannot get airfare cost yet because it is too early.The size of the group affect the cost as well. $40.00 (refundable) deposit is due April 2nd.