Children & Families
Deuteronomy 6:5-7 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
Welcome! God commands us to love him and to pass that love for him down to our children. In the children’s ministry at HGBC, we desire to partner with parents to diligently teach our children of God’s love and God’s ways. All of our events and programs seek to demonstrate to boys and girls that a love for God should be a priority for each of one of us.
HG Kids- Imagine: Infants through Kindergarten The imagination of preschoolers is boundless. Our desire in this age group is to awaken the child’s imagination to begin to see the God who made them, loves them and desires to be their forever friend.
HG Kids- Illuminate: 1st-4th Grade School agers are beginning to read and understand the Bible. Psalm 119:105 tells us that God’s Word is a lamp to our feet and light to our path. We seek to shine the light of God’s Word into the minds and hearts of our children in this age group.
HG Kids- Impact: 5th/6th grade (D56) 5th and 6th grade students are in a time of transition- physically socially and spiritually. Our purpose in this age group is to help them transition from knowing God’s Word to using it to IMPACT their world.
We take seriously our responsibility to provide a safe secure environment for all children. Our efforts include the following:
1. Every adult who serves with children of any age is required to complete a background check.
2. Two teachers are provided for each classroom.
3. Preschool activities take place in a secured environment. Access is granted only to teachers and parents who are dropping off or picking up their children.
4. Our automated check in for preschoolers also serves as a security tool. It provides labels for each child with matching numbers. One label remains with the child and one is kept by the parent. Only the person with the label may pick up the child. Parents are to present the label at the classroom door to the teacher. The teacher will match the number to the child's label and release the child to the parent.
5. During worship, if a parent is needed, we will post the number from the child's label on the screen a the front worship exit doors.
6. First time visitors will receive their child's label from the attendant. During repeated visits, they may type the child’s name using the touch screen.
Automated Check In Information
As stated above our automated check in serves as a part of our security process. Families with preschoolers will check in at one of the kiosks each time their children attend a church event. Parents may use the touch screen to type in their last name or for easier access they may scan the key tag provided. If you need an additional key tag, simply ask the attendant and we will be happy to provide one for you the following week.
First time visitors will receive their child's label from the attendant. During repeated visits, they may type the last name using the touch screen. Again, a key tag will be made for visiting families upon request.